Discover Our Hospitality!
Lake Shasta Caverns welcomes group tours. We offer special group tours for seniors, Tour Groups as well as High School and College classes. We also feature a well-established school group program that is an incomparable educational experience with hands-on activities. You will discover that the Caverns experience encompasses much more than just a cave!
Call for more information at 1-800-795-CAVE.
Seniors and Tour Groups
The Lake Shasta Caverns Tour Group Program is offered for groups with over 20 people and will put together a customized program to fit your needs. We offer special boat tours which highlight the unique beauty of Shasta Lake and Dam, we can arrange boxed lunches, and can accommodate seniors in a cave tour program with reduced activity. (Reservations are mandatory. Weekends and holidays are not available).
Call us for more information at 1-800-795-CAVE.
Discover Adventure, Exploration and Education!
Our popular Underground Classroom is a complete, hands-on school program for 2nd – 6th graders. Through the years, we have developed a comprehensive, fun and exciting program that is easy for teachers and offers a unique experience for the children. This program is designed for 10 or more students. Over 15,000 school children have enjoyed this educational program! Here is how the program works:
- Teachers receive materials for the students to review in the classroom. Included are activities, learning games, cave formation study material along with a video that we (require) ask the students to watch before joining us at the caverns.
- Upon arrival at Lake Shasta Caverns the students will begin their cave experience by putting on elbow pads, knee pads and hard hats equipped with lighting. Though not necessary for their cave experience, this equipment replicates equipment used by professional cavers.
- Once inside the caverns, the students divide into groups. Each group focuses on a different aspect of cave exploration including a formation find, a fossil dig and spelunking.
- We offer special school group prices for gemstone panning and souvenir gift bags.
- Picnic tables on the property provide a great place for lunch after a busy morning.
For more information on our Underground Classroom, or to make a reservation,
Please call 1-800-795-CAVE today!